Monday, May 19, 2008

Aly's Birthday/1st Mothers Day/Engagement Day!




Cute boy 



  Aunt Katie and Great Aunt MaryJean spending some time with Ayden.


The new family on Mother's Day

The new mom and her son on Mother's day.



Engaged!!

Sorry it has been awhile since we have updated this AND there is a lot to update.  We just have been so busy finishing school for the term and being parents!  This first blog is all about my first mother's day, which happened to be my birthday!  WOW, what an amazing day.  We spent the whole day with my family in Tualatin.  We had dinner and dessert at my Aunt MaryJean and Uncle Alan's house.  My Uncle Alan made the best shrimp jambalaya!!!  We opened presents and just spent some time with family.   Before we retired for the night Drew, Ayden, and I went to say hello to our friends, Mel and Mike.  On our way there, Drew took a detour and stopped the car at my old elementary school.  He got out of the car saying, "I can't take this anymore."  I thought he was either breaking up with me or proposing.  He took me out of the car, got down on one knee, and proposed to me.  I couldn't believe it.  Of course I said yes!  I was so happy!  It was the BEST ending to my first mother's day AKA birthday!  We are so excited to be married.  We haven't set a date yet but it will probably be next summer.  Here are some pictures of that AMAZING day.
We love and miss everyone!
-Alyson

No comments: